Bebout, Potere, Cox & Bennion, P.C.
Call Now For The Answers You Need:
Your Story Is Important And We Listen To Every Word Of It.
View Our Practice Areas

April 2018 Archives

What if my divorced co-parent is using too much parenting time?

After divorcing and settling a child custody agreement, while you may be the primary caregiver your former spouse may have been granted joint custodial visitation and parenting time by Michigan courts. As the custodial parent, you have the right to enforce parenting time agreements, but that does not mean the non-custodial parent will listen. What happens when your former parent begins breaking parenting time agreements, "hogging" your child and disrupting your co-parenting schedule?

What happens if I cannot afford my child support payments?

Parents who owe child support payments in Michigan may find it difficult to keep up with these payments if their income changes due to job loss or the obtainment of a lower-paying job. Even with a change in income, these parents are still required to make the court-ordered payments. There are steps that need to be taken in order for these amounts to change, and there are consequences for those who do not keep up with the ordered payments.

How is a military divorce different?

Whether military or civilian, your divorce is often a trying time that places a good deal of mental and emotional stress on you, your ex-partner, and your family. When navigating the complexities of divorce in Michigan courts, you may find the complications daunting. Even more daunting is realizing that divorce may treat you differently as the former spouse of an enlisted service member. However, this does not necessarily need to be a cause for concern. So what makes a military divorce different?

Contact Information

Bebout, Potere, Cox & Bennion, P.C.
821 North Main Street
Rochester, MI 48307

Phone: 248-805-1959
Fax: 248-651-8923
Map & Directions